Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Here

Yesterday was a little bit of agony. Lots of rain and spray and hydroplaning on the turnpike.  My neck and shoulders are all out of whack today, and I'm pretty sure it's from the 5 hours straight of death-gripping the steering wheel and concentrating like hell.  Then it was Jeff's turn for the next 4 hours.

But we're here!  The kids have been happily playing in the basement.  I finished a 500 piece puzzle all by myself.  Why, yes, I DO enjoy puzzles.  And I don't like cell phones.  Why, yes, if they took 34 year olds in the nursing home I WOULD have a lot in common with the residents.

Funniest quotes from the trip?

Michael and Lily having a very serious religious discussion in the back seat.
M- Where does God live?
Me- He lives everywhere.
L- No, Michael, he lives right here, in your heart (places folded hands over her heart and tilts her head).
M- NO LILY.  GOD MADE THE WORLD AND HE IS EVERYWHERE.
L- -humph- Well he really lives in heaven.


At Cabella's, Michael spotted the polar bears and said, "Look!  The Snow-lar bears!"


Andrew, in true big brother fashion, singing in the backseat, "I'm going to fart on Lily's head."  When she protested, he insisted that he was just singing to himself.

Tomorrow...3 more hours in the car to get to my family's Thanksgiving.  Have a good one!

No comments: