Thursday, November 17, 2011

Waking up thankful

I am waking up this morning with some pain in my throat.  HOWEVER, this is how I felt yesterday when I was pumped full of Motrin and Tylenol.  So I have high hopes that once my Motrin kicks in, I'll be feeling much, much better.

I am thankful today for penicillin.  And Motrin.

I am thankful for CVS Minute Clinic, which enabled me to get a quick strep test without a)waiting for the morning to go to the doctor or b)going to the ER.

I am thankful for children who behaved so so wonderfully yesterday.  Andrew literally swooped in and helped entertain the kiddos in the morning.  Lily and Michael played for hours yesterday morning with very little fighting.  Both then took a 2 hour nap, which enabled ME to take a 2 hour nap.

I am thankful for Jeff, who came home from work as soon as he possibly could.  Which enabled me to take yet another nap in the early evening and basically sit and relax the night away.  He also made dinner for the kids and me.

I am thankful for my immune system, which is using that antibiotic quicker than the nurses told me it would so that I feel much much better in just 36 hours, instead of 3-4 days.

Thankful.

2 comments:

bluedaisy said...

And you are BLOGGING in the midst of all this too! So glad that you are feeling better- that rest yesterday was probably just as key as the medicine :)

CARRIE said...

So glad you are feeling better! Thank goodness for all those things!!!