Thursday, November 03, 2011

Sick

2 things.

First, all that running?  Going down the tubes...and quickly.  It is dark and cold in the mornings, and I worry about slipping in ice. (I know people do it, though.  I should ask Erin how she does it). I am not a good evening runner...just low energy by that time of the day, plus the whole dinner making/activities/homework rigamarole.

So Jeff and I looked at local gyms.  To find a treadmill.  Some have "free" babysitting, some have fantastic trainers (for double the cost), some are bare bones.  We are not willing to join a gym more than 15 minutes from our home...I know that I won't actually ever show up if I have to drive far to get there.  Cheapest in our area is $75/month for a couple membership.  No free babysitting at that one.  $75 to run in place.  We could buy a treadmill...except I don't know where we would put it.  I think our basement ceilings are too low.  And that is the only place we could fit one.  -sigh- 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I took the kids all to the doctor last Thursday.  Lily had her well visit, and the boys were dragged along to get their flu shots.  We had not been to the doctor since April. 

The day after we went, Lily came down with a bad cold.  Then Andrew got it.  Then Jeff.  Now Michael.  And Lily still has it.  Poor things.  I feel like walking around in a hazmat outfit.  But as I call day after day to let the pre-school know they aren't coming, I think about the gym membership again.  I wouldn't be able to go with them if they were sick anyway. 

-sigh-

Off to another day.  I was supposed to be spending my Thursday morning alone shopping with a friend.  Instead, I will be tending to another sick-o.  These "free" Thursdays aren't working out quite the way I planned.  ;)

2 comments:

CARRIE said...

We've had an upper respiratory funk in our house for 2 weeks now. I love fall, except for this crap.

bluedaisy said...

Colds are making the rounds in our house as well. Chloe is the winning with a double ear infection. Hope you guys are feeling better soon & that you get your free time next week!!