Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Oh, yea, we're back...

So Thanksgiving was wonderful.  As we sat around enjoying my family on Thursday, and then hung out at my in-laws for the rest of the weekend, I wondered why we don't do this more.  Why don't we make Thanksgiving a priority for getting back to Ohio?

And then we drove home on Sunday.  With 5,000,000 other people.  Lines for the gas pumps were 15 cars long at some stops...damn turnpike.  We did better than we thought, though...9.5 hours versus our normal 9...so traffic was moving pretty well.

And Michael spiked a fever as we were driving...and so we were back at the doctor yesterday...and we think his strep wasn't defeated by that round of antibiotics.  Every time I think about it, my throat starts to hurt.  But since it stops when I'm distracted...I'm pretty sure it's psycological.  :)

I'll write more actual stories some other time.  My house is DISGUSTING...and we have no food...and yes, I had all day yesterday to deal with these issues.  But it was 67 degrees out yesterday.  We didn't stay inside much.  I did rake 7 tarps full of leaves, though.  (we have a lot of dumping space for leaves at the top of our hill...so we rake onto tarp, carry to top of hill, dump, repeat).  I am on dose 2 of Motrin for my aching shoulders.  Damn genetics...thanks, Dad.

4 comments:

d e v a n said...

Welcome home!

Sara said...

I hope that Michael is feeling better. Tis the time for everyone to be sick or still sick...boo. BTW, we might have passed you in town--we were in the same town as your in-laws until Thanksgiving morning! :) Also, 9 hours is craziness--I can barely stand the girls for the 3 hr drive up there! Welcome back!

CARRIE said...

The idea of mature trees in the yard sounds great until I read a post like this.

Kelsey said...

Glad you made it back ok. Our Michael was sick post-Thanksgiving as well...

We actually got up and drove back to Ohio on Saturday to miss some of the traffic. Some of the most horrific drives I had back to UD were on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

We have to connect on one of these Ohio trips of yours.