Thursday, June 17, 2010

Anatomy lessons with Michael

Michael has learned the word penis. He says it quite well and clearly. We have always played the "name your parts" game while changing diapers...mostly to keep him distracted and prevent him from squirming away. Just in the last week, he's added the word penis. It is so cute how he gently touches it and says, "Nice. Penis." That is in response to one time when he reached down and grabbed and pulled so hard I winced and told him to be gentle.

Anyhoo, yesterday he was yet again pointing it out to me. Lily walked in buck-nekkid after going potty by herself. Michael laughed up at her and shouted, "tickle tickle", making her shriek and run away. Then Andrew walked in buck-nekkid. I know, I know, it's like a teeny-tiny nudist colony over here. Anyway, Andrew is standing next to me telling me that he has no underpants in his drawer, when Michael gets really excited.

He points at Andrew and says, "Ook! A-nudda penis!"

It kind of made his morning that he found another penis not attached to his body. Lovely. Boys are weird. Andrew of course was also thrilled that Mikey had noticed and danced around waving his parts. Again, lovely. Boys are gross.

In more disturbing anatomy lessons with Mike, later in the day I went bathing suit shopping with all 3 kids. I know. Mommies are dumb. As I was stripping off my shirt and bra, Michael points at my own nekkid chest and says, "Ook! A-nudda penis!"


Um. No. But apparently I need to dress in front of the boy more frequently. A comment like that could be really awkward on his wedding night. ;)

3 comments:

d e v a n said...

hahahahaha! BOYS!

Sarah said...

That's so funny- Eli called my breasts "penises" once too! Maybe they think that's the word for any body part that is specific to gender?!

CARRIE said...

Flippin' hilarious!!!! I needed that laugh!