Monday, June 07, 2010

Envelope birds

Envelope birds were a success. I was SHOCKED how much fun the kids had doing this. I kind of thought this was lame...but they were totally engaged and excited by the end results. Go figure. Perhaps I deprive them of craftiness a bit too much.

We had a bunch of extra colored envelopes, so you make a face out of one, and then cut the triangle flaps off of other for the wings, extra scraps for legs, head pieces, etc. And of course there were stickers and markers and glue.

Michael was pretty much a disaster during the whole thing...snatching the glue stick and gluing the table, drawing on his hands with the markers, drawing on the table, throwing markers...ugh. Stickers proved a distraction, but mostly I just have to accept that glue and markers will wash off...we will not be able to avoid having him around this summer. Last summer he was still taking 2 naps (insert wistful sigh here).

The birds: (should have taken pictures before hanging them up.

Andrew's...very long wingspan.

Lily's...it did have a face on it, but that was quickly covered up by stickers. She also didn't want to add legs...according to her that made it a "silly bird...ha ha ha ha."

I had to do one too...for an example, right?





2 comments:

d e v a n said...

cute! I think my kids would love that too.

bluedaisy said...

These turned out so great!! I am going to have to give it a try over here :)