Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Recent pictures

Okay, so I SHOULD be cleaning out the toy room/basement/kitchen in preparation for our cabinets being delivered tomorrow. But instead, I'll share some recent pictures:

Andrew and his friend B. We found out who Andrew's teacher will be next year...Andrew is desperate for "B" to be there with him. We'll see...

Mud and sand pudding...complete with gummy worms! Except the pudding didn't set...so wine glasses instead of pots! Kids didn't care...I was disappointed with the end result.
Kindergarten field day. And, yes, Jeff did get Andrew an authentic Brazil World Cup jersey while he was in Brazil. This was taken on the first day of the World Cup. And, yes, he did bring me back a mug from the airport with Brazil written on it. (not bitter)


Relay


Sack race. Taken just before he face planted and spent the rest of field day crying in my arms to go home. Biggest kid in the class=biggest momma's boy.



Perils of having an older sister. Michael covets his sister's hair bows. I let him wear them...under the disapproving eye rolls of my husband. Actually, he only eye rolls when I take pictures of it and post it on the internet. Whatev'

Have I mentioned lately how much I love living here? We are 90 minutes from NYC, 2 1/2 hours from the nation's capital, 40 minutes from the birthplace of our nation...and yet where we live there are lots and lots of places like this:
Mike charging into the woods. No fear...even of the horses that we saw. And we saw about 20.
The covered bridge...so pretty. And the bullfrogs were so loud that day, their calls were reverberating through the long bridge. Freaked Lily out. It didn't help that she'd had a nightmare the night before about frogs. Nice parenting.


Mike also charged right into the creek. I probably should have put the camera down, right?
We caught toads, salamanders, guppies, snails...and lots and lots of grasses.

Lily was not as enthusiastic. But she hung in there, and let the rest of us play around in the muck. She mostly threw rocks and ate Oreos. Nature girl.
Egg carton caterpillars. Not as much of a hit as envelope birds...
But it kept them busy for a little while.


5 comments:

Andrea said...

Joey has an affinity for headbands and my husbdan does the eye roll and calls him Joesphine :)

Unknown said...

Man. I really want to go to NYC...a trip my husband does not want to take.

d e v a n said...

LOVE the pic of Lily on the bank all - I am not getting in THERE.

CARRIE said...

So glad someone else's younger son does the hair pretties thing. G also requests that his toenails be painted, so I allow his big toes to be painted whatever colors he likes. Drives D crazy!!!

Anonymous said...

You do live in an amazing place. Let me know when your neighbor's house goes up for sale and I'll make an offer ;)