Friday, June 18, 2010

Prepare to be jealous

Oh! What a month we have ahead of us! And you are going to be sooooo jealous of how wonderful my parents and in-laws are. Seriously. If you are a parent hater...stop reading now.

So...let me give you a run down of the next month.

Tomorrow- I will drive Andrew and Lily and Shadow across the state of PA, into WV, and meet my in-laws at the best free-zoo/dead animal exhibit ever. They will be taking my older two for almost TWO WEEKS. Yes. And the dog. Don't forget that they are taking the dog. For a month. Best. Parents. Ever.

I will drive back home (sans children and dog) that same day. Sunday will be a frantic clean out of the kitchen cabinets. Which should be easy...what with only having one child and everything. And that one child just happens to LOVE emptying cabinets. So!

Monday construction begins on our very own new kitchen.

I am also very excited about just having Mikey. We plan on going to Sesame Place multiple times, the zoo (where he will be able to run freely and not be forced to go at his siblings slow pace), Barnes and Nobles to play at the train table (and Mommy read magazines), etc etc etc. I wish I could say I was sadder about Lily and Andrew being gone...but I'm so darned looking forward to my alone time with Mikey. It DOES make me wish that I could have a week alone with each of them. I could take Andrew miniature golfing! and bowling! and to movies! and to the Franklin Museum! and on historical tours in Philly! I could take Lily to her first movie! to the zoo to go at her own pace! to Sesame Place! do a tea party! But this week is about Mikey.

Thursday, July 1st, we will be reunited with Andrew and Lily when we drive Mikey to Ohio. Hopefully the kitchen will be completed, minus the quartz counter top...which can take up to 3 weeks to be delivered.

Friday, July 2nd, we will begin the drive down to South Carolina, where MY parents have rented a beach house...again. We just have to get ourselves there...otherwise it is paid for. Uh, Best. Parents. Ever. This will be Michael's 3rd trip, Lily's 3rd, and Andrew's 6th. It has become a place of memory-making magic...and my kids and Jeff and I cherish it. I am prepared for Jeff to begin searching realtor websites for our retirement home. It happens every year.

We get back to our house July 11th. Hopefully the counter tops will be installed that week. My crazy-awesome in-laws will drive the dog back to PA...and get the first peek at our new kitchen.

It's going to be an unbelievable month.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is a real treat. What a break! But you deserve it every bit - and then some. Also, you MUST post pictures of the redo when it's all completed. So eager to see it. I know it'll be beautiful.

Enjoy the next few weeks and take lots of pictures.

Kathy C.

Michelle said...

How awesome for you! Enjoy!

Sarah said...

Dang, and I thought my parents and in laws were great! Have a wonderful month- and enjoy your new kitchen!

HawleyFamily said...

yep, jealous! :) Enjoy and take LOTS of pictures!! Before and after of the kitchen especially!!

Anonymous said...

Green with envy over here! That one-on-one time is priceless. Enjoy every minute of it :)