Friday, June 11, 2010

Week 2 recap

So this week was more of a bust than not...but I still am feeling good about my basic plan for the summer.

Monday- as I posted, envelope birds were a success

Tuesday- Ow! Ear! day...totally scrapped all activities and tv ban...big bust of a day

Wednesday- Rained all day long...so we watched more tv than allowed. But I did crack out the shaving cream, and Lily and Andrew had a blast writing in it, building with it, just coating themselves in it. Michael preferred to sit next to his pile, and was very possessive of it, but if even a tiny spot of shaving cream touched him, he was DEVASTATED. Not his favorite activity.

Thursday- Take a Trip was cancelled due to an impromptu playdate with Andrew's friend from school. Totally worth it, since I was nervous about the airport anyway.

Friday- We attempted the pudding/gummyworm/cookie mix, but the pudding didn't set. Apparently almond milk is NOT the same as regular milk when it comes to pudding. But the kids had fun crushing up the cookies and slurping their pudding through straws. Eventually it was abandoned and they just devoured the gummy worms.

Woodland crowns was moved to Friday, because Tuesday was such a bust. But when I got out the paper plates (that's what you are supposed to glue your nature collections to to make the crown), the kids got all excited and declared that they just wanted to color on paper plates. And so they did, for about 35 minutes. Awesome. Even easier. And I can save the woodland crown activity for another day to boot.


Only one thing...I am EXHAUSTED. It's like I'm actually earning my Stay-at-home mom pay for a change. Oh...wait...

Only 2 days of school left for Andrew! Then I'll have a 1st grader!?!?!?

1 comment:

d e v a n said...

that sounds like a success not a bust!