Friday, November 19, 2010

ABC's of me

Taking this idea from a post I saw in the summer (thanks, Kara!)

A- My Air-conditioning is set at....well, nothing. I set it at 77 in the summer. Winter we are at 67...66 if I can stand it.

B- My Bedroom theme is...dusty? furniture way too big for the room around it? dumping ground? Do those count as themes?

C- The Car in the driveway is... a gold-ish Honda Odyssey. Jeff's car is in the garage...this weekend we'll clean out the other side so both cars can get in.

D- My Desk looks like... a catalog graveyard. Seriously? We are getting 4-5 catalogs a day around here. And I want to look through them just in case the perfect gift for someone is in them. Instead, they sit in dusty heaps all over the desk.

E- The Exact time I usually wake up... usually about 5:15 am. When Jeff's alarm goes off. I'm too light of a sleeper to go back to sleep, and I like to have a cup of coffee quietly before the kids start clamoring downstairs around 6.

F- The First thing I want to wash in the shower... is my hair. That way it has a chance to drip dry while I wash the rest of myself. Plus...I always start at the top and work down.

G- My Garage is filled with... who knows. I swear it is the catch all for stuff to be donated, bikes we never use, deflated swimming pools, lawn mower, dog food, fertilizer, pots and soil, etc etc etc. Jeff's tool bench is out there too...not that we can actually walk over to it. There's just too much stuff in the way. Again...weekend project.

H- My House...is a 1900 sq. ft., 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath colonial. With a sweet-ass kitchen :)

I- If you peeked Inside my bedroom, you'd see... wait? Didn't we already talk about this room? Probably my least favorite room in the house. We have a king sized bed, a dresser, a wardrobe, 2 side tables. Nothing on the walls. No pictures, no mirrors. No tv.

J- My favorite Juice is...I'm not really a fan of juice. If I had to pick one, I'd go with cranberry. Or grape.

K- The best part of my Kitchen is...the counters. I love them. They don't show any dirt, they shine up so pretty...I love them.

L- The Last person who visited my home was... Well, I had playgroup here on Wednesday morning. So those 3 ladies and their children were here. And a huge dog that scared the bejeezus out of Shadow when she charged out to greet them at the car. Who knew this lady brings her dog and leaves it in the car? Shadow found out. Tee hee hee.

M- The last piece of Mail for me was... I don't get much mail. So perhaps one of the 5,000 catalogs was addressed to me.

N- My neighbors think I'm...abusive to my children. Well, I don't know...probably not. But yesterday I walked to get Andrew from the bus stop and Lily refused to put shoes on, so she was standing on our front porch barefooted screaming at me to , "COME PUT MY SHOES ON." Which would sound horribly abusive if you didn't know that I had spent 15 minutes cajoling her to put her shoes on and she decided to do it once there was no time left and I had to leave to get Andrew.

O- If you Opened my fridge you'd see...lots and lots of peppermint mocha creamer. -sigh- I love this time of year.

P- My last house Party was...House party? What does that even mean? I had book club here a few weeks ago...does that count?

Q- A Quick meal I like to make is...frozen pizza. Gourmet, I know. But everyone eats it, and I really really love pizza.

R- My favorite Room of the house is...the kitchen. Hands down.

S- The Shampoo brand I use is...I have no idea. I refill a small bottle with whatever big bottle I buy at BJ's with a coupon. My little bottle is Herbal Essenses...but I'm pretty sure that's not what it is refilled with right now.

T- My largest Television is... We only have 1 tv in the house. I know, how weird that is nowadays, right? Anyway, I can't remember how big it is...but it is BIG. And hanging on the wall. And Jeff's shining glory (his "I brought you back to the midwest" gift when we left CA).

U- Under my bed you will find...seriously? What is the obsession with the bedroom. There is nothing under out bed. Only because we have a sleigh bed, and the side boards come all the way to the ground.

V- The last time I Vacuumed was...yesterday. This time of year is vacuuming daily...with the dog and our shoes bringing in leaves, grass, etc.

W- Looking out my Window I see... deer. A buck and 3 does. They wander through our yard daily. Yesterday, I saw 3 bucks and 6 does throughout the course of the day.

X- I wish I had X-tra... time alone with Jeff. And an X-tra bedroom for guests.

Y- My Yard is...big and perfect for kids. And overgrown because we are terrible home owners.

Z- Zzzzzzz, my bedtime is...between 9:30 and 10:30. Unless I've woken up before 5:15 am...then it can go even earlier than that ;)

3 comments:

CARRIE said...

Neat idea. May have to steal this. I cannot believe you wake up that early.

Emily said...

Ditto on the early wake up - I can't believe it, either.

And I'm the same way about the catalogues. Keeping them to look for the perfect gift.

Re: once a month cooking - I think that website (which really nice) does way more complex recipes for a fancier cook than I, which is why it took us 12 hours the first time. The cookbooks that we are using now are simpler, and now we pick and chose which recipes rather than following their whole menu. Anyway, just in case you wanted to get one of the books from the library and see if it was less overwhelming...

bluedaisy said...

I am stealing this one too...lots of fun! I am a night owl & loathe getting up in the morning- I'd like to be more like you!
THROW out the catalogs- seriously- I hate them all. I keep only a few that offer free shipping.