Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Blog roll

Carrie asked me how I know all of the people who comment on here and whose blogs I read.

So I think I'll look back at my last few posts and tell you how I know the commenters.

So let's start with Carrie. She and I were friends in Louisville. In fact, we were co-presidents of the MOM's club for a very short time. I still feel bad about that. I agreed to be co-president even though I was in my 3rd trimester. So Carrie knew she was going to carry a heavier load. Then I up and move a few months into our tenure.

Kelsey and I went to UD together. We both lived on the scholar's floor freshman year, and we were the only education majors out of 36 girls. My only memories of Kelsey are good ones...she was always sweet and kind and fun and smart and creative...and everything you would guess her to be. Oh, and she slept through alarms like nobodies business. I still remember pounding on her dorm room door at 7am our sophomore year to go to a school visit. Oh! And she was from WI, and she would come back from breaks and talk all about this store she loved that she wished was in Ohio. That store has since taken over the world (Target).

Erin also went to UD with us, and also lived on the same floor freshman year. I remember Erin being athletic and so smart and playing guitar and being ridiculously silly...like the rest of us. It really was a magical freshman year...all the girls were so great. Anyway, I didn't get to know Erin as well, due to the fact I am NOT athletic and didn't go out on the runs she organized on weekend mornings. But she was always friendly and interesting...I remember learning that sometimes your toenails fall off if you run a lot. Not a good way to encourage a non-runner to start running, but whatev'.

Erin and Kelsey were part of a group of inseparable 6 girls. We called them the 101 girls, due to their address in the Ghetto our senior year. Sorry, the "Student Neighborhood". God, I love UD. Anyhoo, I don't think any of the other 101 girls has a blog...but I know they still have reunions and are a big part of each others' lives.

Cindy is one of the 101 girls, and she has a friend from high school named Emily. I started reading Emily when she, Kelsey, and I were all pregnant with little boys and due within a few months of each other.

Bluedaisy (Jane), is somehow connected to Emily. She explained it to me when she came to visit, and I have promptly forgotten. I thought they were college roommates, but it is more like Jane's roommate knew Emily's cousin or something like that.

Swistle doesn't read my blog anymore, but I don't know her IRL. I started reading her probably the way many of you did...I thought her comments on other people's blogs were hilarious and well done, so I clicked over to her blog and was hooked.

I found Devan and Nicole the same way.

Andrea, Michelle, LisaP, KaraP, Jayme, and Amanda are all people I "know" from this board I started posting on when I started to try to get pregnant with Andrew. So, like, 9 years ago. Way before everyone had a blog and Facebook and all the other social medias became the rage. I've met Amanda and Kara in person, and someday I'm sure I'll meet all the other ladies.

Pamela is my very best friend from California.

Kate is my sister...my older sister ;) Her friend Heather comments very occasionally.

I think that is it! I read a few other blogs, but I am not a very consistent commenter and they haven't discovered me yet. Stalker! Anyhoo...

7 comments:

Emily said...

Good post idea! I might steal it from you...

Actually I don't know bluedaisy except through blogging...I can't remember how she found my blog but she started commenting one time and then I went over and checked hers out, etc. Maybe there's a connection that I'm forgetting, Jane? :)

I'm often telling Brian stories that start, "one of the mom bloggers said". It's like you guys are one of my groups of friends. :)

Heather said...

I told Kate that I feel I know in real life between your blog and Facebook - and the stories Kate tells! Truth be told, I read your blog daily and it always makes me smile. I think our kids would get along great and we should try to make that happen sometime when you are in OH

bluedaisy said...

My connection is a bit confusing. One of my good friends from college, Kristy, has a blog called "Florida Ink"...she is somehow cousins with Kelsey. So that's how I ended up here but now feel as though I "know" you, Kelsey, Erin and Emily :)

bluedaisy said...

P.S.: I also talk about all of you as though I have just seen/spoken to you yesterday...my husband knows who you are without me calling you a "blogger"...haha!

Giselle said...

Whoopsie...bluedaisy was connected to Kelsey not Emily. I should have known, since I joke that everyone in the blogging world is 7 degrees to Kelsey. :)

Kate said...

And Emily and I met in real life-- which was really cool.

And I feel like I know Kelsey even though we've never met (unless we DID meet at the "preppy party" in the Ghetto and I, um, don't remember).

Facebook and blogs are fun. It's strange having friends I don't "know"

Andrea said...

and your little sister comments every now and then too! :) How could I resist. Your blogs are so clever and well written that it makes me feel like I get to be with you and the kids more often!