Monday, November 22, 2010

To do list

Every week I try and make a list of the things I want to accomplish during that given week. I'm sure more will be added, since it is only Monday morning after all...but here's what I've got on my list this week:


Errands:

-- take Andrew to school and pick him up so that he can bring his birthday treat into class. I don't trust him to carry the cupcake tower thingy on the bus ;)

--go to grocery and claim my free turkey/lasagna. also buy milk, lunch and breakfast supplies for guests, fruit, etc.

--go get gas

-- go to Target to get Advent calendar, shoelaces for Jeff, Playdoh, other craft supplies for kids

--order Andrew's birthday cake

-- library to return movies, books and perhaps pick up new ones

--buy tickets for the historic home tour in town.

At home:
--wrap Andrew's birthday gifts

--make French stuffing

--make sauteed mushrooms

-- make 2 pies

-- clean out Lily's room and bathroom for guests

-- clean out Andrew's room to make space for inflatable mattress

-- scrub master bath till it shines, because our toilet doesn't work, so I know my FIL will be in there...yikes. I should allot more than one week for this job

-- sweep and wash kitchen floor. the only reason I hate fall

-- clean out mini-van so we can all travel together when in-laws are here

--laundry

-- send out family photos

-- order Christmas cards


Things to figure out:

-- figure out where the heck I can buy historic home tour tickets

--figure out what to do with all 3 children this week while Andrew has half days and no school. Crafts? Outings? Duct tape and rope?

-- figure out what to do with Andrew on his actual birthday...our original plans have been delayed...

--figure out what to feed everyone breakfast and lunch. and what they can drink. I am really good at planning dinners...not so much the other meals of the day...

--figure out what I want to talk to Andrew's teacher about during his conference tomorrow

4 comments:

Jayme said...

Breakfast ideas: coffee cake, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, donuts, scrambled eggs, omelets, frittatas, breakfast casserole, breakfast burritos, breakfast sandwiches, go out for breakfast, biscuits, cinnamon rolls, french toast, pancakes, toast, cinnamon sugar toast, raisin toast. Sorry. I love breakfast. I know the feeling, though. I always stress about what to serve when we have house guests. If you need me to elaborate on anything...let me know.

Lunch: I would have an assortment of lunch meats and cheeses and sandwich fixings. Plus maybe a fruit salad, veggie salad, and pasta salad. Another possibility: make tuna salad or chicken salad? Or tortilla roll-ups? I would also have frozen pizzas and mac-n-cheese on hand. :-)

Emily said...

Shew! Sounds like a busy one. I do the same thing, but actually more so on the weekends. Even if the list is overwhelming, it feels better to get it down on paper.

Jayme said...

Oh, you are going to think that I'm nuts but depending on how long people were staying with us I would probably make a big pot of chili and/or soup. (I have a recipe magazine full of them.) And I would have an assortment of baked goods to distract everyone in case they didn't turn out very well.

CARRIE said...

Dang that wore me out. Don't hurt yourself getting all that done.