Thursday, November 11, 2010

A to Z Does It

Tonight, we packed up the whole family and went back to Andrew's school for a first grade performance, A to Z Does It, a musical about the alphabet. We've been hearing the songs for months, and tonight was the big night.

I cried.

Seriously. I have no predictable emotions. First day on the bus, when my baby leaves me for big kid school?...no tears. Cute, happy, singing 1st graders? Need tissues. (also needed tissues during a baptism at church on Sunday...for people I don't know...as if I were super religious or something.)

Anyway...if there is anything cuter than a huge group of 1st graders singing, I haven't experienced it yet. Because they are all so enthusiastic and earnest and proud and happy and randomly waving at their families. They are such...I don't know...REAL KIDS or something. The songs sounded good and they had memorized a ton of verses and motions and it was so much more put together than a preschool production. But yet...they are still so innocent and proud of their parents and...sigh. I think I love 1st graders.

Mike and Lily did fine in the audience. Lily excitedly yelled, "Look! A 'U'!" when the vowels were being paraded out. And Mike kept pointing at the gym clock saying, "Ma ma ma MAAAAA. Big clock. Locked. Big clock locked." Other than that, they did fine. :)

I wish I had better pictures and/or video. But there were about 5 million people sitting in front of me. And I had Mike and Lily. End of story.







3 comments:

bluedaisy said...

So much fun!! It makes me excited for Michael to start school :)
I am the same way with the emotions- sometimes, if Michael and Liam are singing around the house, I actually tear up b/c of the sweetness/innocence you mention. And if they sing to Chloe...oh, I am done! Church can get to me too- certain songs- and usually I am too busy herding children to be emotionally moved at church- but it does happen. Tell Andrew that blog buddy Jane is so proud of him!!

d e v a n said...

cute!!

CARRIE said...

I blubbered at N's kindergarten "graduation," which was basically them singing some songs and reading things they wrote.