Thursday, November 01, 2007

Commence movement

Have I mentioned that I'm in a bit of denial in regards to this "Big Surprise" pregnancy? (I now call it the "Big Surprise", because "Holy Shit" seems insensitive). I find myself trying to squeeze into my regular jeans...which I still can...but they hurt. I see my profile in the mirror and think, "I can't possibly be starting to show ALREADY, can I?" Um, denial? I am almost 17 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. My tummy muscles know exactly where they're headed, and they ain't fighting it this time. They sensed those preggo hormones and went, "Oh, yea, we just did this. RELAAAAAAX." Same thing with feeling this baby move. I felt it 2 days ago, and thought, "No way. It's just gas. It's way too early to feel movement." After two more days of jabs and pokes, I have to admit that this is the exact same time I felt Andrew for the first time.

So, yes. #3 is making himself (or herself...I just can't call the baby "it") known at last. As if making me puke and feel nauseous 24/7 wasn't announcement enough. ;) But just as that icky stage begins to pass, this fun stage begins. I really don't enjoy pregnancy much. But I LOVE feeling baby movement. And these little pokes I've been feeling are just the beginning. Will excitement for this baby follow soon? I hope, I hope. I said to Jeff the other night that November 4th will be 3 months since one of the worst nights of my life. He reminded me that it may not go over well with my 3rd child that his/her positive pregnancy test is a day of infamy. If #3 is reading this someday...don't worry, darling. I love you the best anyway. (If either Lily or Andrew is reading this...no, no, I of course love YOU the best.)

Lily is a miserable bear today. She ran a low fever last night, and is just bi-polar today. Literally going from screaming crying to hysterical laughter to zombie-like zoning back to crying in the span of a few minutes. It is exhausting...for her and me! Andrew is being a real trooper about it. Jeff is of course not going to be home tonight. Okay, he'll be home...but not until the kids are in bed, so it doesn't count. :)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

At least Lily took a good nap today!
Oh, and I must say... Andrew is starting to talk very well on the phone, I just need to learn what to say!

HawleyFamily said...

I love the movement part! The movement and being able to eat whatever I want without haveing body image issues are the two things i love best about pregnancy! :) So when is the big ultrasound scheduled for? I can't wait to know what this little kid is! He/She obviously NEEDED to be in this world! :)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I loved this WHOLE post!

This reminds me I need to delete some of my old posts before Henry can read about how his dad didn't want him.