Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I feel good, da-na-na-na-na-na-na!

Woo-hoo! Although if I WEREN'T pregnant, I would probably classify the way I feel every day as "blah" or "yucky", since I am pregnant and have weeks 8-15 to compare to...I'm feeling GOOD! Eating meat again, starting to reintroduce dairy products (although ice cream was never a problem...interesting). Starting to be friendly again...wanting to shower and leave the house again. Lovin' it.

Thank you for all the name suggestions. Especially the boy ones. I'm not so worried if this is a girl...we did have a list of 22 names for Lily...surely there is one on there that will work this time. ;) But even for a boy, we can always go with Andrew John II, and call him AJ. Andrew is NEVER called AJ (he refuses). So it wouldn't even be confusing...except for legal documents and stuff. Whatever. Not my problem. ;) George Forman did it...

Interesting that all of you want me to find out. It seems like most people in my area have kept it a secret...but they are all gung-ho about me finding out. Kind of trashing my stereotype of militant secret keepers. I guess they're not all bad after all ;) I've just always thought deciding to find out the gender was kind of like deciding on a haircut. Very personal, not very important in the long run. And adamently defending your decision to not find out the gender was as silly as adamantly defending the benefits of long hair. "Oh, I LOVE the flexibility of long hair. There are so few parts of your body that you can change at will. Why would you cut it and make it as unchangeable as your nose or your feet?" (okay, this analogy works for me...but now that I write it, it seems a bit strange. Ah,well.)

Alright, I've given my post to "the man" for November 7th. I agree with Kelsey...how am I going to make it through the next 23 days if I'm already out of ideas by day 7? I guess it'll just be boring for you...suck-ahs! Oh, and I LOVE this post by my friend Amanda in CA (still so sad I didn't meet her until just before I moved). I am totally going to steal her middle-child phrase "You're the cream in my cookie." for Lily. I think I'm really going to love having a middle child. It just feels more complete somehow. What a bond Lil' and I will have...

Okay, I'm finally stopping the randomness that is this post! Until tomorrow, faithful readers...

3 comments:

Andrea said...

When I called one of my friends to let her know that G3 was going to be a boy she said of Rachel - "she'll be the princess between 2 frogs!"
I/m looking forward to my little middle child as well!

Anonymous said...

I am so, so glad that you're feeling better! Being sick when you SHOULD be enjoying your pregnancy sucks!

By the way...Andrea's thinking of Rachel being the princess between 2 frogs is cracking me up!!!

HawleyFamily said...

I always loved that description, I am sure Lily will also! Glad my random rambling words could be of help! :)