Thursday, November 15, 2007

Compliments feel so good

We went out to Don Pablos for dinner tonight. One of those nights I just HAD TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. So Jeff met us there after work. And halfway through our meal, I feel a hand on my shoulder. This woman, I'm guessing in her 60's, asks me, "So tell me. How did you get such beautiful well-behaved children?"

I know. It's cheesy. But, damn, it feels good to have your kids complimented in public. They ARE really good in restaurants. And it's nice to have that acknowledged. Andrew, of course, took her comment as an invitation to talk. So this poor woman had her good deed punished by having to listen to a mumbling kid in a rather loud restaurant.

So this is my new goal for when my kids are grown and gone. Compliment families. They get too many wary stares and condescending smiles on a regular basis. Compliments are under-rated.

I would write more...but I'm just too darned excited about tomorrow morning. My ultrasound is at 7:30 am. Yippee!!!!

Andrew has decided he really really wants to go. I'm envisioning the appointment going one of two ways.
#1: We find out we are having a boy. Andrew hoots and hollars and gives high fives. The rest of the appointment goes great
#2: We find out we are having a girl. Andrew falls into screaming, crying hysterics because he DOES NOT want another sister. (He's told us he's going to go live with Grandma and Grandpa if this baby is a girl.) -sigh-

I think I'm going to ask the U/S tech to not tell us until the very end. Then Andrew can have his hysterics in the waiting room and won't ruin the whole fun ultrasound. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Annie said...

We are eager to find out, too...will you be sharing? We promise no tantrums here, only high fives.

HawleyFamily said...

I say boy!! I can't believe you are going in at 7:30!! That is WAY too early!!

Can't wait to hear!

Andrea said...

I can't wait to hear!!!
Let us know ASAP AND I want to hear how Andrew reacts to the U/S. I start my bi weekly biophysical profiles in 2 weeks and am debating bringing Ryan for one

Kate said...

My guess is girl-- and I'm 99.9% wrong. My record 1 in 18-- so let's make that 19.