Friday, November 16, 2007

The secret that lasted 10 hours

Andrew did so well. When confronted by Memere on the phone, he repeated over and over that it was a secret, and he couldn't tell, and we were waiting until Thanksgiving. She tried her hardest and I laughed because my 4 year old was getting such pleasure holding something over her head.

Then Pepere got on the phone.

Pepere is a tricky devil.

He tricked the 4 year old. Devious, eh?

I listened to Andrew say, "We're not telling Memere or Pepere or Grandma or Grandpa even though Memere really wants to know." long pause...and then a look of sheer amazement crossed over his face. "How did you know, Pepere? How did you know it was a boy?"

Tricky Pepere. Just pick a gender and pretend you know. The 4 year old thinks you are some kind of magician or mind-reader and responds in shock and amazement. If you are wrong, the 4 year old will assure you that you don't know.

Sneaky old man.

5 comments:

CARRIE said...

Too funny!
Congrats on the new set of testicles in the house.

Emily said...

How funny! Well, for selfish reasons I'm glad that he slipped so we didn't have to wait so long. You and I got the same news today! Congrats! So since you already have a son...how do you like it? Are you excited for another boy?

Laura said...

WooHoo! The secret is out! Now I'm glad that I caught up on your entries in the proper order so that I could share in the big reveal. Even if I already Boo'ed and Hiss'ed at you.

I take it back. Congratulations on your newest son! Thanks for not torturing us. Your father is a good man!

HawleyFamily said...

HAHAHA!!! I love it!! I am so happy for you guys! You will love having two little boys and your little sweetie in the middle!

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAH! This is so exciting to find out!