Monday, November 12, 2007

Dah-Deee

My apologies to those of you who may have been offended by my last post. But I still think you are crazy. If it makes you feel any better, I am now just as crazy as you. ;) Probably God's way of teaching me not to judge other people as crazy just because of their family choice. I can just see him up there..."Oh, so you are judging those people as having some screws loose. Well, voila! Welcome to Crazy-land."

So Lily is having a little vocabulary explosion. I say little, because I realize that a much bigger one is coming around 18 months to 2 years, where she will literally be learning new words every day. But this is a mini-version of that. ;)

Her latest? Daddy, pronounced "Dah-Deeeeee!" in the sweetest little voice. And it definitely has meaning, because she only says it to him or if she sees him. If that doesn't keep Jeff home from work, then nothing can. She is just so excited when she sees her Daddy...it's so neat to hear her express it. She also definitely said Andrew this morning...but she's only done it once, so I'm not sure how she says it. He just came downstairs this morning, she pointed at him and said a 2 syllable word that sounded very much like Andrew. Hopefully she will repeat this. She also has a word for Shadow...which sounds nothing like Shadow or dog or anything else logical. She is also saying football, much to my disgust. If you say football, she immediately points at the tv or at the nearest football lying around (we have many around here). But if she sees a football, she says something like, "ooooh-all" with the same inflection as the word football. I have gotten quite mad at Jeff. He already took Andrew from me...Lily is supposed to be MINE. But she made me feel better this weekend, when she grabbed the football and said, "ooooh-aall" and then cradled it up to her shoulder and patted it gently like a baby-doll. There may be hope for her yet. ;)

Okay, I know this post is dull. I will enjoy it in the future as a remembrance of Lily's cute little voice.

So I'm dying here. Any questions from my Internet readers that I can answer for you? I think most of my readers are relatives, so you probably don't have any questions. I talk way to much for there to be many mysteries. But anyone else? Who doesn't have to listen to me ramble on and on in real life?

No comments: