Saturday, November 17, 2007

Yea! A boy!

When I initially found out about this pregnancy, I really wanted a boy. Okay, let's be honest. When I first found out about this pregnancy, I wanted to quickly invent a time machine so I could go back and undo it. But when I realized that this critter was sticking in my uterus for the long-haul, I wanted a boy. Lily would be special even in the middle because she's the only girl, Andrew would have a bond with the youngest rather than being left out, blah blah blah.

Then Andrew started peeing standing up, and I had the epiphany that I really didn't want 2 boys. Football season started, and I was subject to hours of mind-numbing television and talk about sports. Ugh. Suddenly, tipping the scales in favor of estrogen over testosterone started sounding pretty good. So for the last few weeks...maybe a month or so, I've gotten really excited about the prospect of having a girl.

But then I heard, "boy". And I'm so excited. For the record, I really believe that if I heard "girl", I would've been just as excited. But I am VERY excited to be having another son. Despite all the pee in the bathroom grout and sports paraphernalia. I am excited to get out my boy stuff again (although I gave much of the 6 months plus stuff to my sister when she had Colin...so I guess I'll have to go shopping some more!). I'm glad to change it up again.

I am NOT excited to name this kid. We have way too many restrictions. I'm sure one or more are going to have to be pushed to the wayside. Ugh. Naming girls was WAY more fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a boy! Congratulations!!!

Kelsey said...

I guess I just needed to be a little more patient!

Anonymous said...

Ug, boy names! Although, actually--when we found out Henry was a boy, I thought with some relief, "Okay, so now it's just a matter of choosing a tolerable name from a short list, rather than arguing about a million girl names."