Monday, January 15, 2007

Get up, old man!

Jeff and Andrew were playing football yesterday. Big surprise. Change the date at the top of this blog to any weekend, and I could say the same thing. Jeff is a very good daddy...Andrew just doesn't know it yet. Playing football with Andrew has some very strict rules.

RULE #1: Andrew ALWAYS wins.
RULE #2: Nobody else is allowed to score any touchdowns. See Rule #1.
RULE #3: Nobody can tackle Andrew. See Rule #1.
RULE #4: Although he knows what an interception is, Andrew only gets to do these...no one else. See Rule #1.
RULE #5: The rules can change at any time. Andrew is the only rule maker. The opposing team is often not made aware of changes which is always advantageous to Andrew. See Rule #1.

Is it just me, or is the word "rule" starting to look really weird?

Anyhoo...Jeff doesn't like to fall to the ground each time he is set to be tackled (by imaginary players on Andrew's team, I might add). So he lands on the couch. Well, yesterday, Andrew defined the rules of play a bit better, saying, "When you get tackled, Dad, you have to fall on the floor, not the couch or the chairs.". So there! Jeff responded with, "Andrew, I'm not young like you. It hurts me to fall on the ground over and over. I'm just an old man."

Andrew didn't really respond to this until later. Jeff had fallen to the floor (who runs this house, I wonder?), and Andrew hollers across the room, "GET UP, OLD MAN!"

Oh, and to add a little Lily story, she has started SQUEALING and the top of her lungs. It is the cutest thing ever. If she were the 1st child, we'd have hours of footage of this event. As it is, we just grin at her when she does it. She's so darn cute. :) And she's slept AT LEAST 9 hours in a row for the last 7 days. Someone shoot me now! I don't deserve this kid. And to think I expected her to be a little devil-child after the angel I had in Andrew. I'm getting my tubes tied next week...lightning doesn't strike 3 times! Who am I kidding, I'm not getting my tubes tied. I'm getting Jeff's tubes tied ;)

No comments: