Sunday, January 07, 2007

So bummed...

Moving sucks for many reasons, but one of my least favorites is losing things. So many times Jeff or I will say, "well, I know where that would've been in Louisville". We thankfully had a lot of help unpacking...otherwise we'd be searching through boxes galore. But there are some things we just can't find. And they're just so random. Maybe I'll find them someday. Who knows.

We unpacked our last boxes this weekend. Hooray! But now I know that my bottles from Andrew's babyhood aren't around. Neither is the Boppy attachment with toys. But most upsetting is Andrew's 2006 calendar.

I'm not a very sentimental mother. I don't keep locks of hair or record every ounce of spit-up. I'm not a scrapbooker, and I have no qualms about throwing away Andrew's artwork. But I was really good about writing little stories, little events in Andrew's life. I just kept an extra calendar around and wrote stuff in it as it happens. And now I've lost 2006. All those little memories.

I could care less about the bottles or the other junk. I can't get back the stuff written in that calendar. And it makes me sad.

No comments: