Friday, January 26, 2007

Have I mentioned...

...how much I adore my daughter? She has entered that golden age of babyhood that lasts until they are mobile. Just squealing, cooing, laughing...so interactive. She is happy if she has action to watch (aka. Andrew or other kids). She is happy unless she is hungry or tired. She could care less about dirty diapers. I just love her. I love dressing her! Something I never thought would happen. Coordinating all that purple and vomitous pink (although there are still shades of pink I HATE). I love hearing her cooing and squealing in the morning (after 8-10 hours of sleep), because I know the minute she sees me, she'll just light up and smile and talk to me. Love it. I love that she is ticklish under her arms. Really really ticklish. She now starts giggling before I even undress her because she knows it is coming. So Darn Cute. I really thought I would get a demon child this time, because Andrew was so good. But Lily is so good too. I am so pleasantly surprised...she's laid back, happy, and just so cuddly. I love her I love her I love her.

On the Andrew front...let's see. We got the call that he has a spot in pre-school next year...YEA! Hopefully he'll be potty trained by then. If not...hopefully he'll wear underpants for the 3 hours he's in school and be able to hold it. Jeff went to sign him up last night, and Andrew gave him strict instructions. ("Tell them I'm a really fast runner and that everyone will say hi to me and have my name")

He had a RAGING tantrum today because I was singing to a Beyonce song in the car. Seriously, he was screaming and throwing things in his room (where I dragged him to complete his fit). A total fit that lasted 13 minutes (not that I was counting). I know I'm not a very good singer, but this is ridiculous.

Oh, and yesterday I turned off a movie that was scaring him. He said, "Thanks, Mom. I really appreciate it" I LOVE it when he pulls these big words out of nowhere and uses them appropriately.

1 comment:

HawleyFamily said...

Maybe God figures that you went through so much being pregnant with the kids that you get easier babies! Just a theory! :)