Monday, January 01, 2007

Traveling fun!

A few snipets from our trip today.

Andrew and Lily were ANGELS. Our flight was delayed a few times...once in the Columbus airport, then once we were on the plane, and then we circled above Philly for a while. The kids were terrific. Here are a few highlights:

Andrew and another 3 year old walking around on their hands and feet mimicking each other. Great entertainment for delayed flights!

Andrew asking if the plane was tired (as we were descending).

The pilot warned us of turbulance. I told Jeff to warn Andrew (Jeff was in between us). I hear Jeff telling Andrew, "Now it's going to be bumpy because of turbulance". "What's turbu... , Dad?" "Well, the air moves in pockets..." At this point I interrupted and said, "Just tell him it's going to get windy so the plane might bump around." I know, I know, I'm stunting the intelligence of my 3 year old. The sad thing is, he probably would've really tried to understand it. And I would've loved the look on people's faces when Andrew told them we had turbulance on our flight. Anyway, I thought it was cute that Jeff was going to explain the physics of turbulant air...to Andrew.

Andrew telling a man on our shuttle all about football. Andrew was wearing a Bengals shirt and the man commented that his team beat Andrew's the day before. Andrew informed him that he shouldn't like the Steelers. He explained that his favorite teams are, "The Buckeyes, The Bengals, The Eagles, The Cowboys, and The Giants". The man patiently informed him that he'd better not say Cowboys too loud in the city of Philadelphia. Or Giants for that matter. Andrew told him back that he liked the stars on the Cowboys. He sure showed that stranger a thing or two. ;)

No comments: