Thursday, November 27, 2008

5

2008
2007

2006

2005

2004

2003

My baby is 5 today. FIVE. Half a decade.

I had written a post with my 5 favorite Andrew things. But it seemed forced and not to capture my true sentiments. All 5 things boiled down to one main thing. I am proud of Andrew. I am proud of his kind, caring spirit. I am proud of his responsible loving attitude. I am proud of his brain power. I am proud of his sense of humor and his ability to be a wonderful friend and big brother.

I am proud to be your mother, Andrew. The world is a better place since you have joined it. And I am proud to have been a part of bringing you here. And I feel incredibly lucky to get to enjoy you every day.

Happy birthday, Andrew! I'm so glad you are mine!






And here are some of the stories I'd written in my original post about Andrew...

The other day we were in a grocery parking lot and Lily saw a helicopter. While we were watching it, I saw a sea gull. And Andrew said, "Ahhhh. A helicopter and a seagull...together again!" Very silly, and of course he's repeated it 100 times since then because I laughed so hard.

And yesterday, I was groaning because he wasn't listening, and he shrugged and said, "Sorry, Mom. I don't have very good earsight today."

Andrew has a friend that broke his femur at school (but has a walking cast?!?). That little boy's mother came up to me in the parking lot last week and gave Andrew a big hug. She said, "Andrew is the sweetest boy. Carter tells me that Andrew watches out for him. And the teachers say he makes sure Carter isn't alone and always has what he needs."

2 comments:

CARRIE said...

What a milestone, for Andrew and mom! Happy Birthday! So much to be thankful for.

d e v a n said...

Aw, happy birthday!