Monday, November 24, 2008

IT's Baaaaa-ck

Boy readers, if there are any of you, please feel free to read another day.

For the first time in 16 months, IT is back. I have not had to deal with IT for a very long time, since I only had IT 3 times in between Lily and Michael. That means this is the only the 4th "IT" since December 2005. IT is a pain in the neck. I have to remember to bring supplies for IT. And then figure out how to keep my curious 5 year old out of the bathroom while I take care of IT, lest I have to explain the whole indoor plumbing phenomenon. And all the while I am getting the supplies out, I just keep thinking, "Really? Body? You think you can handle another pregnancy already? REALLY? How is this good planning by mother nature? If she knew what she was doing, IT wouldn't come back for about 5 years...when the first one is able to forage for food on its own."

(And for those of you without children, who are thinking how lucky I am to have not had IT for so long...those 6 weeks after you give birth are like having IT times 10...so it's all even. ) ;)

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Ugh! Why doesn't mother nature know that if you're done having kids, you have no need for IT anymore!

CARRIE said...

I just had my first IT in October. It had been 22 months for me. I wasn't happy to see her either.

Kate said...

It's been 22 years and I still hate IT.

Anonymous said...

Just wait; by the time you are 50 you'll forget what IT is.

Andrea said...

It came back a couple of months ago so I can now say I have had IT 5 times since October 2005 (I suppose I shouldn't complain about that but dammit I will! Joey is still nursing 2-3 times a night so I really should be spared in my opinion. My midwife thought I was kidding when I asked for an elective hysterectomy!!!!