Sunday, November 30, 2008

Natural born big brother

I have pictures to post...which I'll hopefully do later today. But I had to share this story of Andrew...because I don't want to forget them.

My MIL made Lily a photo book from their trip this fall to Sesame Place (a theme park about 15 minutes from our house). She is very good about these photo books...it seems whenever she takes my kids places, she does a very good job taking pictures and then presenting us with a momento at the next visit. My children are lucky to have her. When Andrew was 2, she went to the zoo with him, and took lots of pictures of animals. Now he has his very own personalized zoo book.

Lily's Sesame Book came in a photo album that is furry like Elmo, with Elmo's face on the front. Very fancy. Lily was THRILLED. She excitedly showed Andrew, and he said,

"Wow! It looks like they killed Elmo and took his skin to make that. Cool, Lily."

Ugh. Is that a big brother thing to say, or what? Yet, it makes me laugh every time I think of it...because inside I'm still a little bit evil big sister. ;)

Also, yesterday marked the beginning of the back of the car wars. You know...the sibling hold a finger out...almost touching, but not quite. The other sibling has a FIT...but technically nothing is wrong. Again, the annoying sibling in me was chuckling. But the mom in me was groaning, because I know I have at least 15 more years of this in my future. Where, oh where is my invention???

1 comment:

Erin said...

HAHA! Hilarious. LOVE that Andrew.