Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Lost

We went to this museum yesterday with the whole crew. It was awesome. Kate will have the full story with pictures and everything as soon as she's home. I am overwhelmed by the 140 pictures now downloaded, so it will be a little while until I get pictures up on this thing. So I will tell you a quick Andrew story from the trip.

We got to the museum, and quickly divvied up the kids. Kate was in charge of Colin, I was in charge of Lily, and Andrew was in charge of staying near either Kate or me. I pulled Andrew aside and reminded him that if he couldn't find one of us, he should ask one of the employees, and I pointed out the purple-shirted people walking around. We have had many discussions about getting lost, and who to ask for help. Andrew knows to try and find an employee, but if that isn't working, he should find someone with kids. I figure they are more likely to help a lost child if they have children of their own...you know...they like kids.

So at one point, Andrew couldn't find us. I had gone to the bathroom and was changing Michael's diaper, and while Kate was watching the other 3, Lily went and banged her head or something, and Colin tipped over a shopping cart of pretend food, etc etc. Anyway, he looked up and neither of us was around. So he calmly asked a purple-shirted employee to help him. Aunt Cake (as Lily has named her) found Andrew just at that moment, so crisis was averted.

I was praising Andrew for keeping his cool and doing just what we have always talked about. This is huge for Andrew, because he can be a nervous kid. He was telling me (very earnestly) about how he had found an "owner" of the museum because he just couldn't find any grownups with kids.

Huh? At a children's museum?

If he can't find any adults with kids at the Please Touch Museum, perhaps I need to come up with a better option for him. If he can't find them when 100% of the adults had kids, what will he do when only 50% have kids?

Oh, and thank you for all the comments on my last blog entry. Whining DOES work, no matter what they say ;) Actually, I'm quite content with the amount of commenting on this blog...I don't feel it is too shabby normally. I just know that my questions to the unknown masses usually go unanswered. Which is why I will continue to steal from Kelsey. Stay tuned tomorrow for my favorite color. I know, it's going to be hard...but I think you can do wait!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I'm glad everything worked out okay. I've talked a lot with Harper about this in stores, now that there's no room for her in the cart! Lord knows what she'll do if she actually gets lost though.