Friday, November 28, 2008

Nursing=Lots of reading

I keep a log of all the books that I read. Mostly this is because I have a terrible time remembering all that I've read, and I have found myself starting a book and thinking, "Gosh this seems familiar" and then I start predicting what is going to happen and then I realize that I must have read it before.

Today I wrote down another title. I just write the title, the author, and a smiley face or a frowny face. I'm starting to wish that I would write a one line description...just to help me when I make a recommendation. Because I have a lot for 2008...44 books so far. Want to see? (if you want actual book recommendations and book lists, I'm sure this list pales in comparison to my older sister's list. You can find what she is currently reading on the side bar of her blog. She is good at setting impossible standards for her little sister... ;) )

Pillars of the Earth, Ken Follett
World Without End, Ken Follett
The Birth Order Book, Kevin Leman
The Quickie, James Patterson
I've Heard That Song Before, Mary Higgens Clark
Water For Elephants, Sara Green
The Pact, Jodi Picoult
The Secret Life of Bees, Sue Monk Kidd
Misery, Stephen King
Sea Glass, Anita Shreve
The Other Boleyn Girl, Philippa Gregory
A December Wedding, Anita Shreve
Left Behind, Tim LaHaye
and I read all the other books in the Left Behind Series:
The Tribulation Force
Nicolae
Soul Harvest
Apollyon
Assassins
The Indwelling
The Mark
Desecration
The Remnant
Armegeddon
Glorious Appearing
The Rising
The Regime
The Rapture

Simple Genius, David Baldacci
The Sixth Target, James Patterson
Lean Mean Thirteen, Janet Evanovich
In the Woods, Tana French
Breaking Dawn, Stephenie Meyer
Atonement, Ian McEwan
Change of Heart, Jodi Picoult
The DaVinci Code, Dan Brown
Cellophane, Marie Arana
Ridiculous Race, Steve Hely
The Likeness, Tana French
Lucky, Alice Sedaris
At First Sight, Nicholas Sparks
Breaking Charity, Ann Rinaldi
Mirror, Mirror, Gregory Maguire
Alas, Babylon, Pat Frank
Lord John and the Private Matter, Diana Gabaldon

2 of these are re-reads...but I hadn't read them in over 5 years, so it was like reading them for the first time. And I'm out of books...time to go to the library again! (do you see why I don't bother buying books? I'd be bankrupt!)

4 comments:

CARRIE said...

I was trying to remember books I've read this year, and it was so depressing: the fact that I haven't read much and that I couldn't even remember what little I had read. But I only read before bed, so that is my excuse. I can't concentrate on anything other than magazine articles when I'm around the kids, and I spend most of my kid-asleep time putzing around on the computer reading blogs.

Anonymous said...

O.K., a book recommendation from a friend in Ohio, who knows your MIL, I see Diana Gabaldon on your list, you must look into the Outlander series by Diana. It's FABULOUS.

Joanne said...

I love that you write down each book you read. I should start doing that, too. I also agree that a one-line description would be helpful sometimes. I read a lot, as do my mom and sisters. Once we finish a book, we share them all around. We all have such similar taste, that all of the books start sounding alike!

I think you've just given me a New Year's resolution that I might actually be able to handle!

Video Promotions said...

I like Dr. Kevin Leman too. I met him when helping him produce his video series "Value Packed Parenting."

Since then, I've supported his efforts to make parenting easier by devoting a blog to his video series.
Watch a short clip from Making Children Mind without Losing Yours
at KevinLemanVideos.blogspot.com

I think his latest book release "How to Have a New Kid by Friday" is good too.