Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thank heavens for frequent posters

This whole November posting challenge has been both a blessing and a curse. (I refuse to call it the NaBloPoMoDoToReallyLongLongerThanMostTitlesInFact... because I find it more confusing and irritating than an abbreviation should be).

A curse because I probably wouldn't have written about this little thing that happened last week. And then none of you would be any the wiser...except for my mother, and it's really fun to make her crazy, so that would still be okay.

A blessing because I have been trapped in my house since last Thursday with 3 children...and it doesn't look like it will be changing anytime soon. And since all of you have been blogging so faithfully, I feel like I'm still talking with adults and socializing and all of that. So thank heavens!

Michael slept better last night. I think I was only up rocking him every 3 hours instead of every 2 like the night before. Lily woke up and CUDDLED with me...so I'm thinking she must feel like death warmed over. Andrew is feeling great and hyper and cooped up...a great mix with the other 2 draggers. Jeff and I are healthy...although I can't imagine I won't catch this bug, what with all the sleep I'm getting and the snot drying in my hair etc etc. Oh, the glamour of being a mother.

And now a Public Service Announcement. I did call a doctor yesterday. What you all need to understand is, I am NOT being difficult about going to the doctor. I don't HAVE a doctor. I haven't seen anyone other than an OB/GYN since college. If you move as much as we do, and need doctors as infrequently as we do...there is just little motivation to get a doctor. So I needed a recommendation, and my friend that has raved about her doc's was in jury duty last Friday. So I didn't even have the name of a practice until late Friday afternoon. I called first thing Monday morning, and was told that they would "get back to me in a week" with an appointment (a new patient thing). So I WILL get a doctor...hopefully in the next week...and then I will tell them about this whole thing. There are no urgent cares in this part of the world (a fact I still don't understand), so it's not like I could have zipped in there to see a doctor. And I am NOT waiting 10 hours in an ER for a headache that happened last week. I promise I am symptom free and have been since Friday. It's all good. Thank you for your concerns.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you enjoy making your mother crazy.
That's mean. Just imagine one of your children having an "episode".
Poor Memere.

Kelsey said...

I'm glad you haven't had any more symptoms - and I'm sorry the kiddos are still sickly. These colds seem to hang on forever, don't they. I feel like we get through one round and then have a healthy week or maybe two and it starts all over again. Bleh.